A new update for Valorant has been announced by Riot Games and the patch notes for 4.01 are available right now. The short patch includes a buff to the Ares weapon and some minor tweaks to melee weapons and quality of life features. It’s nice to see the Ares weapon receiving a buff in this patch, bringing more diversity to the types of guns getting picked in each game. Continue reading see the full patch notes list for update 4.01.
Valorant Patch Notes 4.01
Muted Words List added to the settings
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game
- Price increased from 1550 >>> 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 >>> .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 >>> .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% >>> 25%
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle Animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden
For more news about League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, Legends of Runeterra, their upcoming updates, and newly released events, stay tuned to The Rift Crown.