A new update has been uploaded for Valorant and the patch notes for 5.01 are live. This is close to a micro update with changes to Phoenix, Yoru and Kay/o. More importantly, Riot Games includes a new Smurf Detection tool for North Americas. This functionality will help new players avoid smurfers faster. The testing starts on July 11th and will move to a worldwide release as soon as it’s stable.
Check out the full Valorant 5.01 patch notes below:
|Run it Back (X)
|Dimensional Drift (X)
- New Smurf Detection functionality (North America)
- This addition to our smurf detection systems is designed to make sure that new players (that means all new accounts) are matched up with players of the correct skill level, much faster than before.
- We’re testing this change in North America first, to make sure everything is working correctly before a global rollout.
- Testing begins the week of July 11th, 2022
- Improved collision behavior when walking next to or behind another player.
- This should heavily reduce the amount of jitteriness experienced when moving close to your allies (rushing a site as a group or moving out of spawn should feel better!).
- Twin Hunters in Spike Rush will now damage destructible walls
- Fixed an issue where having the Raw Input Buffer setting enabled caused scrolling in chat or friends list to go directly to the top or bottom
- Fixed a bug with Dimensional Drift where the invulnerability kicked in later than intended after it was cast
- Fixed issue with Sova’s Shock Bolt not damaging enemy traps and other game objects (other than players)
- Fixed issue where Fade’s Haunt would sometimes reveal enemies that were on the other side of a thin wall
For more news about League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, Legends of Runeterra, updates, and upcoming events, stay tuned to The Rift Crown.