During a recent development update by Riot Games, we were lucky enough to find out more details about the new game mode that the development team is working on. This unnamed (for the time being) LoL game mode will see 4 teams of 2 players gather augments like TFT and battle it out on a new map.
According to the official post, this new game mode in League of Legends has 3 main goals:
- Focus on team fighting
- Offer champion customization options with augments that you choose from (kinda like a rogue-like title)
- Make games faster and more unpredictable
Each game will feature 4 teams of 2 players, just like the Double Up TFT mode, battling it out in deathmatch-like rounds. With each round, champions will get more powerful in unexpected ways with the introduction of Augments, which look like the ones we’ve gotten accustomed to in TFT.
Riot has provided some of those customization options in their post:
- Sylas who casts Lissandra W every 5 seconds
- Ekko with 500 attack range
- A Kai’Sa who dives the enemy team dies immediately and then creates a huge explosion post-mortem that wipes out a huge chunk of her two enemies’ remaining health
If Riot Games has the potential of bringing such variety to our standard champions, imagine what fun we could all have in this map.
Apart from this new Lol game mode, including augments and team fighting, the developers promised that Nexus Blitz will make its return soon. Of course, all other game modes like URF, One for All, and Spellbook are still on the table. Maybe it’s time to go revisit Doom Bots after the next game mode?
For more news about League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, Legends of Runeterra, updates, and upcoming events, stay tuned to The Rift Crown.